10.10.2013

Book Style: The Catcher In The Rye

The Catcher In The Rye


Up next in Book Style, I've tackled another classic cover: The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. I've been eyeballing this cover on my bookshelf since I started this project but I kept wimping out because of the ketchup and mustard color scheme. I finally found some sort of inspiration though, whenever September rolls around I'm always ready for Fall/Winter outfits. I started this look with Holden Caulfield's iconic hunting cap and added a puffy red vest, some classic red Converse and some cozy yellow knit gloves. I've layered all of this over some dark denim leggings and a white thermal henley. A backpack and some novel-inspired charms, a Coke bottle, a duck, and a carousel, for a charm bracelet complete the look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.”
― Andy Warhol

Comment away!