|[image via here]|
FYI - Guinness recently became acquainted with the joy that is the laser pointer, so maybe I shouldn't find this picture as funny as I do... Oh well :)
So much going on. Don't really have time for posting stuff right now, but I can't accomplish much else in the time I have until I need to go retrieve the Mister from work... Plus if I don't share all these awesome links the file is just going to become completely unmanageable. Look at me, hoarding good links to share with my lovelies! Without further ado, go check out these gems:
- I want to throw a summer party now just as an excuse to make these cute DIY paper fruit balls.
- Rather envious of Jessica Walsh's apartment.
- Want to feel better about yourself? Spend your money on other people.
- Love this little overview on Clinton Kelly and body image. Plus, now I have a definition for blouse that I will never forget!
- For insurance purposes, most Russian vehicles are equipped with dash cams (not a bad idea if you ask me...) and sometimes they capture moments that warm the heart and remind you that people really are decent and honest and good.
- I think we've established that I'm a cocktail junkie, and I can't wait to try this recipe for Ward 8s.
- If you haven't already, go read Angelina Jolie's op/ed piece on why she opted to have a proactive double mastectomy. She was already one of my personal heroes and this just added to the respect I have for her.
- Things that will make you blubber like a baby: Patrick Stewart's amazing response to a fan's heartfelt question at a recent convention.
- Really in love with these high speed images of object-filled light bulbs exploding.
- Everyone should read, commit to memory, and then apply to real life this amazingly simple advice for how to not say the wrong thing to someone in a crisis or difficult time. This article could also be titled "How Not to Stick Your Foot in Your Mouth" or "How to Avoid Being an Insensitive Ass".
- Vivienne Westwood will be designing Virgin Atlantic's new uniforms. More reason to love all things British!
- The Mister is always going on and on about having his own "man cave" someday. Cool. That means I get my own space and it WILL have a DIY glitter floor.
- Still need to ask my sis-in-law* if all of these are true, but if you're travelling this summer you may want to peruse these expert tips on hotels.
- I'm excited about the Met's Punk exhibit this year, but they did miss some crucial bits of punk history.
- Meet the women who made diamonds the "it" stone for your ring finger.
- Best idea for a retirement cake ever! And it's so well executed, too.
*I should mention that my sister-in-law works in hospitality, I don't just randomly verify factoids with her.