1.04.2017

Book Style: American Gods

American Gods

Welcome to the first Book Style of 2017: American Gods by Neil Gaiman. This is one of my perennial favorites and I had been wanting to do a re-read before the television series launches sometime in 2017 - come on Starz, give us a firm date! - and then I stumbled across the new 10th Anniversary mass market edition with the cover art from acclaimed illustrator Robert E. McGinnis and I had to have it. I'm a sucker for pulp/ish art and that vibrant poppy-hued title is so grand! 

This outfit started with Laura in mind, hence the navy dress, but it quickly morphed into a semi- gender-swapped Wednesday. Which makes the "Odin" dress a perfect launch point for this Book Style. A pair of silver "Loki" loafers, an "Ibis Whistler" hat, a "Lucky Charms" scarf, and a "God" clutch round out the accessories. For the jewelry I restrained myself to the following: a "Kali" necklace, a two-finger "Anansi" ring, a "Morning Star" midi ring, a pair of golden disc hoops that reminded me a lot of magic golden coins, a"Jackal" cuff, and a Kobold brand watch. Moody "Sheba" lipstick and "Storm Chaser" nail lacquer finish out this look. Now if it will just get warm enough for me to wear something similar. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

“Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.”
― Andy Warhol

Comment away!